What is The Blue Door?
- An artist gallery located to 3259 W. Iles Springfield, Illinois. We offer the work of over 70 artists.
- The store is brought to you by Jan and Kent Boucher.
- Check us out at BlueDoorArt.com
Why consider being part of The Blue Door?
- It gives you a high profile place where you can sell your work.
- It gives your current customers a place where they can purchase your work anytime.
- It greatly broadens your current customer base.
- All items are handmade in America, many locally to the Springfield area.
- All the artists selected to participate will be juried to insure we keep a quality mix. We are looking for unique, sellable, quality made work.
- We are conscious not to over saturate the store with similar styled art wares.
How does it work?
- There is no risk to the artist.
- We do consignment. The artist gets 60% of their sales and The Blue Door gets 40%. Your “space” is free until you make a sale. There are no additional fees.
- You do sign a contract. It is open ended, so no dates are applied which allows you to leave at any time.
- We pay all sales tax.
What do you get for your 40%?
- A well lit space to display your work, along with the display pieces that fit the look of our store that the store manages.
- A trained staff dedicated to selling.
- We absorb all sales tax hassles.
- We supply all sales supplies.... bags, ribbons, receipts, etc.
- A monthly check with your retail sales from the previous month along with a detailed print out of items sold and date.
- The opportunity to host events, classes, and demos throughout the year.
- Motivated owners and a well maintained store.
- The Blue Door is promoted through our website, BlueDoorArt.com.
- The Blue Door is promoted using an email data base, a monthly newsletter goes out to over 900 subscribers.
- The Blue Door is promoted via our interactive facebook page. We also use Twitter, and Pinterest.
What we expect from you.
- Promote The Blue Door on your facebook pages, websites, twitter, blogs, etc.
- You provide us with an artist profile, which is a short bio plus information about your work.
- Provide us with work ready to be displayed, priced, and tagged.
- To be committed to providing us inventory when we request it.
- To communicate with us in a timely manner if contacted by us.
- We ask that you do not sell the same work within 3 miles of the store without permission. This does not include our local art shows.
- We ask that you keep your prices with us consistent with all other avenues, including online, that you sell through.
How do I get accepted?
- Interested artists should email us a link to their website or send us 4 photos of their work along with a completed application
- If your work is a good fit for the store, then we will meet with you in person.
- We look forward to hearing from you. email@example.com or 3259 W. Iles, Springfield, IL 62711